.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adventures Beyond the Comfort Zone

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Singles' Awareness Day

For the first time in three years, I find myself encountering February 14th as a single man. I don't want to be just another whiny, lonely blogger, because I know this is how it should be for a while. I'm convinced that God wants me to explore and expand the man-heart he gave me. (Shortly after I started reconnecting with Him and asking for post-Alicia direction, I was invited to a Bible study going through Wild at Heart [a book I'd strongly recommend].) A good friend also told me that Dr. Laura recommends at least 6 months recovery time before getting into another relationship. I'll try and give it more.

Even so... it's hard not to think about.. I've got several good friends who happen to be female... Some of whom (I'm sure I've imagined it) seemed to be sending me signals... Then I wonder if I've been sending signals that I shouldn't have in my efforts to strengthen friendship connections.. A tad ironic after my talk about giving up on the dating system. I know that it can work if used properly, but so much more often I see it abused... I don't know a good example to go by, but I've got plenty of time to figure that out.

So remember, singles: I'm pullin'/prayin' for ya. We're all in this together.

1 Comments:

  • S.A.D. can be the most fun with a group of friends. Although, it's also a whole lot of fun watching good friends be absolutely adorable to their girlfriends. And getting a palindrome certainly rocks. ;)

    By Blogger Kim, at 14/2/06 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home