.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adventures Beyond the Comfort Zone

Monday, August 22, 2005

Skippy goes to the dentist

Grandma is doing much better now. Thanks so much for all your prayers. I finally get to go see how she's doing for myself tomorrow... as soon as the dentist is done with me....

I was awakened much too early this morning with the news that I had an appointment with the dentist at 10. was barely able to prepare myself in time. (three days in a row now that I've been jarred out of my summer sleeping pattern... Sure I want to change it back, but not like that.)

Anywho, it always surprizes me, in spite of how well I think I've been taking care of my teeth, there's always a lot of scraping with that little pick thing to get my teeth truly clean.
Then something clicked in my head...
I knew I'd taken better care than usual in the past year, but had fallen off over the summer in addapting to my extreme work hours... I know it's important but I can't always find that daily time to pick up my Bible and floss. What ought to be such a simple thing to do and only takes a tiny fraction of my day gets squeezed out of the picture... Then suddenly it's time for a checkup, and God leans over the dentist chair and shows me the spots I've missed.

Has anyone else noticed that similarity before, or am I just different?

Anywho, the dentist did discover a few weak points in my teeth... and thanks to a cancelation in his schedule, I get to go back tomorrow and have the one that broke through, filled. (he'll wait and see if I can take care of the others well enough for them to fix them selves.)
Huzzah! .... eep...

3 Comments:

  • exactly how far "under the influence" were you?

    *Sink of Willy*
    just joking!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/9/05 9:04 AM  

  • So, our parents tell me you actually went to LifeLight on Sunday. Why on earth was your phone off when I tried to call you? I could have found you after Supertones. Sad.

    By Blogger Kim, at 7/9/05 5:57 PM  

  • a guy's not allowed to make a mistake? made me sad too

    By Blogger ~Kevin, at 11/9/05 11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home