.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adventures Beyond the Comfort Zone

Monday, January 23, 2006

Re-adjusting

Thanks for all your comments on my last post ladies. Even way before I was ready to go public*, I knew I wouldn't be able to tackle the issue alone.
[*public: as in where I knew that only my friends would be looking]

So much I've been wanting to talk about... so why haven't I? um....

Well, this semester is looking to be less intense than the last. There's been a rather large project already introduced in Graphic Effects, but the rest are starting out nice and slow. Not to mention that I'm already doing better at keeping up with my reading. There's always a movie or a Citgo run or something else that I can be part of, but it just doesn't have the same pull that it used to. I know I've got time for more of that now.. but I don't want to let myself start those kinds of habits... when actually, I'm working to break those habits, so that it will be easier later in the semester when it'll be even more important.

Of couse that's not to say that I've spent the last week hiding in my room between classes. Not entirely. I went to the first movie night of the year and finally got to see Serenity. Spent most of Saturday watching Anime with old friends from back home. This is where I finally got to meet the new man in Brandi's life. Seems like a pretty nice guy.
I've also found a new place to hide, a place for solid Me-Time. I may even disclose where it is in a future post... but for now it's nice to have a place to retreat to.

It's been strange seeing Alicia again after the break up. I still want to be her friend, and I know she wants that too... But .. I'm not ready to act on that yet. I know that it's inevitable to see her around campus, but when I do I feel my heart being pulled in two different directions. I know it's gonna get better over time, but right now, it still hurts. Hence the need for more Me-Time, or maybe just my increased sensitivity to that need.

Sombody said something during dinner in the TC the other day that set me off. A comment was made about someone fearing that a certian girl was "chasing after" him. This was met with the fact that said girl already had a boyfriend. Then, "That doesn't matter; she's not married."
I'm really not sure if she really meant that or was being goofy, but it set me off... I might have exploded if I'd had the right words at the time.

So what does it mean?! What's the purpose if we're gonna treat it that lightly?
I wanted to blog a nice long rant about why dating is such a flawed system, but after cooling off I found this. It summerises what I've come to believe a lot more nicely than I would have.

4 Comments:

  • thanks for the comment/compliment. I love photography...teehee... :)

    And of course someone else is backing the book, haha. I wouldn't have heard of it had it not been for your sister, actually.

    :) Have a great day!

    By Blogger Dianna, at 23/1/06 6:26 PM  

  • I would have been angry given the situation that you described. Dating, atleast in my opinion is a commitment like the thing you referenced.

    I like that article.

    By Blogger Ali, at 23/1/06 8:47 PM  

  • yeah.. except that dating isn't really a full commitment.. so there was just a bit of truth to what she said.. hence my hesitation in responding on the spot.

    By Blogger ~Kevin, at 23/1/06 11:31 PM  

  • I guess when I think of dating I think of two people who are finding if they are compatible (yes i can't find a way to explain it better right now) for possible marriage.

    When one of them 'looks around' it's kinda like a slap in the face. It's like saying, "nope your not the right one but maybe he/she is."

    I don't know, may be I have a distorted view of dating or just suck at explaining.

    By Blogger Ali, at 24/1/06 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home