.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adventures Beyond the Comfort Zone

Sunday, August 14, 2005

a good day

Today was nice! Not only did I get to see Alicia again (in addition to having gotten to see her yesterday at Luke's let's-get-together-and-do-stuff-before-I-go-back-to-school-thing, which was nifty in itself.), but Grandma K. also came to visit so that we could all go see my Dad perform in the Brookings Comunity Theater's production of Annie Get Your Gun! I knew that he had done some theater in the past, but none durring my lifetime. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to see it. I could tell that he was really into it too. And good at it! He made a great Chief Sitting Bull. (all the other actors were pretty good too) I'd encourage anyone with time on their hands to come see next weekends performances; Thursday through Sunday. If I can, I'm gonna go see it again!

ADD!

Last time I carelessly mentioned that I was going to a wedding. That ambigious comment was in reference to the union of long-time family friend Carrie P. (our parents knew eachother since before we were born) to much more recent friend Marc A. Okay, I don't really know him that well, but his sister met mine at USF last year.

.....anyway...
The wedding was short and sweet. Something I didn't really know was possible. It had never really occured to me that a wedding dance is not required. Cerimony led to dinner reception which led to the couple sprinting to their car under our rain of flower pettals. They drove off and it was over. And the night was still fairly young. I want my wedding to be like that.

ADD!

I've started playing with the Square Root of Cheese again. My old, seemingly abandoned hobby. I started redesigning the site a while back when I got ahold of Dreamweaver. my current goal is to re-create the archives. or at least allow them to be visited.

ADD!

Huzzah! I have restored connectivity to the past! for those of you unfamiliar, or have just forgotten:
http://RootOfCheese.iWarp.com
no.... no.... false alarm.... it doesn't really work yet...

Goodnight world.

2 Comments:

  • kevin! i'm glad you had fun at the wedding. I was glad there wasn't a dance, too. Then I wouldn't have to worry about trying to dance in those shoes! Hah.

    I've put up a bunch of photos from the wedding up on my blog - www.freakfromtheburbsofthechocolatecity.blogspot.com - for the benefit of those who were or weren't there. There's one of you and Kim, so go check it out!

    I was really glad to see you guys there, it was a fun time!

    Dianna

    By Blogger Dianna, at 15/8/05 12:21 PM  

  • Kevin-precious,

    I'd like to have a dance at my wedding, though I think it would be more fun to have the dance before the wedding like the day before or something. Possibly a day or two after. Cause, who wants to dance in a bride's dress and have her feet kill her the first morning that she is married (of course, considering if you call 2pm morning).

    I was so excited, that makes me sad that your site isn't actually up yet. ;.;

    *huggles*

    See you soon hon! <3

    Alicia

    By Blogger Ali, at 15/8/05 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home